Monday, February 27, 2017

Welcome to Nebraska

Hello Family and friends!

I was indeed transferred! I'm sad to leave Sioux Falls, there was a ton of great people there, members and investigators. I'm sure we will go back there and visit them. And Elder Matheson was so dang great. He will be a great missionary.

I'm now in Omaha! The dream baby! The area I'm in is SUPER small though... so who knows how this will go. Also its MEGA rich. Like... we have been knocking on million dollar homes... so that makes things interesting!  I have also never been tempted more to wear my crazy socks... Everyone in our ward this Sunday was wearing them. I guess its the new thing now.... who knew??

My new companion is Elder Wangsgaard. (pronounced wangs guard) He is from Utah like pretty much every one else. He's still pretty new so I'm working with him to make sure he is comfortable with everything. He is a shy timid kid. Hes nice. I'm hoping to get him out of his shell a little bit. I'm sure we will do a good job here together.

My goodness the weather here is crazy. Wednesday it was legit 70 degrees. And then Friday it snowed and it was like 15 degrees. And now its about 50 and all the snow is gone. Wild mid-west.

I met my first Scientologist. Talked to him for a couple of minutes at the door. They have some interesting beliefs. But hey i guess whatever floats your goats.

Love you all!
Elder Carter