Monday, March 14, 2016

Slammed

Well before i started my letter i thought i would let my grandpa know that I've already gained 10 pounds since I entered the MTC. Ill be at 160 before you know it Grandpa!

Anyways now that that's out of the way... This last week has been so slammed. We've had so many appointments every day and we are having a rough time keeping up with it. Good problem to have i guess.

Holy Moley if you thought last weeks miracle was good just wait for this one.
So to preface the actual miracle i have to tell a side story. When my comp and i were on exchanges, he and his temporary companion saw a guy walking and they were like hey lets chase him down and talk to him. So they kinda ran and yelled to him and they were able to talk to him. Turned out to be a sweet investigator... but not in our area. Anyways now that leads to this miracle

We were knocking some doors and we saw another guy walking quite a ways away. My companion was like well if it worked before itll work again. Immediately i thought to myself this guy isn't going to be interested but he will lead us to somewhere that we have to be. Anyways we chase this guy for quite a while. maybe like 3 blocks. Like he thought we were stalking him. When we got close enough we yelled to him and he was freaked out and ran away. My companion looked at the house we were next to and was like "lets knock that house" (after the fact, he told me he had a distinct impression to go to that house) so we knocked. The lady, named lisa, opens the door and was like "man i was just talking about you guys yesterday. come on in! I was wondering why you stopped coming around to my house." Shocked. We taught her and she came with us to a baptismal service. We are going back Wednesday to teach her again. lesson learned: Always chase people down.

My dad had a few more questions so I'll answer them here again:
How much time do you have to write letters? We have an "hour" but we typically take about 1.5 hours. No set rule exactly

Do you always go to the library? Yes

Do all of the missionaries in your area go to the same library? Most of the missionaries from the Lincoln North and Lincoln South zone's do email at the same library. We do like everything together pretty much. The only ones that don't are the sisters. We don't see them ever except at training meetings.

How was your visit to the University? The stadium tour was sweet! They took us out on the field and everything. We saw all their practice facilities and such. They hook their sports players up. I mean they have like specific gyms for them, a huge hot tub/pool thing for relaxing, Gatorade powerade dispensers like everywhere for them, just like anything they need. I would definitely not mind playing tennis for them. Who knows maybe i will haha. I have no clue how good they are though.

Are you a cornhusker fan yet? Yes. Cornhusker is life. Sadly I'll probably never get to go to a game because the seats are all sold out. Apparently every seat is a season ticket and you have to buy a pass like 6 months in advance. They sell out within  10 minutes the dude said. And other tickets for those not attending are like 200 bucks. I hope to go to one game someday.

Is there a chance that you could serve in the visitor center or Winter Quarters? No only sisters serve in the visitors center and Winter Quarters center.

Anyways lifes great! finally getting warm here!

Love ya!
Elder Andy Carter