Monday, September 12, 2016

Super Secret Seventy Session

Hello family! what a wonderful week it has been! Hope its been the same for you!

In light of 9/11 yesterday, I would like to acknowledge the sacrifice many have made for this country. I'm grateful that I can do what I'm doing now because of those before us. In this time of remembrance I would turn everyone's mind to the saviors sacrifice as well. There was no greater sacrifice in all of history than his. The world was never the same because of him. 

So this week was so awesome. We are teaching a family named the Castaneda's. They are super sweet. 3 of their kids want to be baptized so we are working on helping them meet the requirements. I'm hoping that they will be able to be baptized in the next few weeks. As long as they wake up for church on Sundays haha. They are so awesome though.

In other news, our mission president invited my companion and I to a meeting held by the area seventy in charge of our area. In short, it was INSPIRING. He talked about miracles and faith for most of the time. Our mission president is really trying to start all the newer missionaries on a path that will lead to success. He doesn't want the statistics to "corrupt" our minds. The normal statistic on our mission is 1.4 baptisms per year per missionary. Elder Carpenter (the area 70) shared so many miracles from his mission where the average was 1 per missionary per mission. Those stories have increased my faith so much and we have been working so hard to find those that are prepared. Because of that, my companion and I are CONFIDENT that we are going to be lead to those that will accept us this transfer. There are two sisters in our mission that are prime examples of this. One of them is... SISTER SMITH. Good ol' two T is represented strong! She and her companion have been able to find and help so many people progress towards eternal life. They were able to teach me how they are able to do that. And so we will be trying to work on that this transfer, and we have ALREADY seen so much more success from it.

This week is zone conference with another member of the 70. It's going to be so good. I am so excited for this opportunity. Also this week my companion and I are going on exchanges with the zone leaders so that should be so fun. I'm excited to see how I can be a better missionary and better leader! Its going to be great!

But that's about it i think! Keep on keepin on! You guys are awesome don't forget it!

Love you all!

Elder Carter