Monday, January 9, 2017

This week was super weird

My goodness this week was super weird. We had a lot of things going on. We had less time to proselyte this week than normal but that's alright.

I got to go to the temple!! It was seriously the best! There was so much that i was able to learn! and on top of that a ton of my mission friends were there and i was able to reunite with them! huzzah! Also I drove down from Sioux city to Omaha with Elder Kimzey and Elder Jones and we had such a good time. I'm so glad that i was able to go!

We also had the opportunity to participate in someone else's baptism. The ward I am serving in has 2 sets of missionaries, and the other set also had a baptism. Her name is Sister Berg. She is great! I was glad that we were able to do what we can! The missionary work in this ward is going pretty well! many of the members are helping us out quite a bit. i'm grateful for that!:)

I have another awesome story to tell. So we have this family that we had been trying to see for like the last 3 months but could never get an appointment set up with them. Then like last Thursday they called us up out of the blue and asked us to come over and teach one of their friends! So we went over there and met a girl named Keelee, she's 18 and wanted to learn more about the church. we were able to testify of the restoration and the spirit was strong. She said she wanted to be baptized as soon as possible. She doesn't live in our area which is totally fine but when she went back home she started teaching her Family the things we taught her. CRAZY. No one does that.  Talk about 1 Nephi 8:12. She came to church yesterday and she said that she wanted to serve a mission haha. It's crazy how much the gospel changes people in short amounts of time.

This week is transfers again... I don't know what happened to the last 6 weeks but i guess they are gone now... I don't expect to be transferred but you never know! I'm sure you'll  find out next week... or not and I'll just keep you all in the dark. That might be more fun.

Love you all so much!!!

Elder Andy Carter