Monday, May 2, 2016

Slightly Less Green

Well its official. I am done being trained! I'm no longer a greenie even though I still feel like I'm as green as the cornfields of Nebraska in the summer. But hey I'll learn someday... maybe.

But yeah transfers are this Wednesday! There is a fairly decent chance that I'll end up with a new companion. I most likely will stay in Lincoln but you never really know. I'd prefer to stay here for a couple more But I'm down to go where ever.

So great news!!! Thu and MJ got baptized!!! It was a sweet day for them and us too. Its really great that we got to see fruits of our labors because there is plenty of missionaries that work hard and don't see the success we have. I'm glad that we got to end the transfer on that high note! (pictures included)

To all the millions of people that read my emails that I don't know, Jive will be having a performance this weekend so everyone should go! The Headline soloist is Savanna Carter and as a professional show choir critic, I can promise that it will be high quality. Good luck to you Savanna!

Follow up from last week, so that dude that randomly showed up to church on Sunday, we have taught him a couple of times. He's super solid. He will be baptized I'm sure of it. But unfortunately he got an apartment outside our boundaries. but yeah he knows like everything. He's read the book of Mormon and already claims to be a Mormon, just hasn't been baptized yet.

My Dad asked some more questions that I'll answer here again:

How often do you do service for people? We typically do some scheduled service every Wednesday and Friday for some local places that take volunteers, but we don't have much more opportunities outside planned service. We would like to do more if it came up.

What is you most common service project? We go to this place called Restore which like takes in donations and restores them and sells them to raise money to build houses for the poor. We go about once a week.

Do your wild socks get you in trouble with the mission president? Um I don't know. I doubt it.

Do they let you listen to music? Yes as long as we follow what it says in the white handbook. "Music should invite the spirit , help you focus on the work and direct your thoughts and feelings to the Savior."
How many BofM's do you hand out every week? Probably like between 5 and 10.

How big are the ward boundaries in Lincoln?  Are they like Twin's boundaries? The boundaries are bigger. There the smallest in the mission but they are decently bigger than the one's in twin. There is not as many members. Twin is like 30% members and we are like 2%.

How much pocket money do you get each month to spend? We get 145 a month.

Do you normally have extra money at the end of the month or is it all gone? I typically have like 20 bucks left when we get down to the end but I usually take the other missionaries out for shakes or something. So yeah I use it all usually.

Well Hope all is going well for everyone! If there are any more questions I'd be happy to answer!

Love you all!

Elder Andy Carter