Monday, May 1, 2017

Parlez-vous français?

Well I guess my cousin Casey is married now. That's pretty interesting. Now I know what its like to be my brother. Always am the last one to find out what's happening.
But Congratz to him!

This last week has been super great. We had the temple trip on Tuesday! It had been quite a while since I had been and it was so great. Learned lots! can't wait to go back!

We also had interviews with President Gardner. He always has great advice for me. I can tell how much he truly cares about all the missionaries. He will do anything to help us. He helped me see how I can use a study journal better. That is one thing that I have been terrible at. But hey now I can improve!

On Thursday we had probably one of the best experiences of my whole mission. Definitely one that will and has changed my life forever. I'm sure I have mentioned our investigator named Jonas in previous emails, and we were going to visit him with our stake president. We thought it would be a good idea because our Stake President speaks French and Jonas was mostly raised in France. Anyways we got to his house and has just said a prayer to start the lesson when Jonas's wife and mother-in-law came in to show us some old documents that they had gotten from the RLDS church. In itself this was a blessing because Elder Boswell and I had been wondering what we could do to get them involved.

So we talked with wife an mother in law for a some time. Meanwhile our stake president was talking with our investigator in the background. There was two conversations going on at the same time. I wish I could have known what they were talking about (it was all in French) because I could see that it was the most genuine conversation ever. The wife and mother in law then left and we kinda sat awkwardly while they spoke in French to each other. From my limited knowledge of Spanish I was able to understand a little of what they were saying. Basically Jonas was saying that God had saved him for some purpose and he wanted to know what it was. Our stake president talked about baptism and about receiving the gift of the holy ghost and I assume he told him that that is what God wanted for him. Jonas then asked us what he needed to do to be baptized.

It really goes to show that the members are really the best resource. President Perkes did something for him that we could never do. We are not his peers. We can't connect with Jonas as he did. But God Knew what Jonas needed. And he prepared that moment from the beginning.

This week is Zone Conference! So watch for my pictures on Facebook!

Love you all!

Elder Carter